Carl Allen is an entrepreneur, investor, and corporate dealmaker who has worked on transactions worth over $50 billion, which includes over 250 acquisitions and sales, together with more than 100 capital fundraising projects. Carl is one of the world’s premier experts on buying and financing small business acquisitions and coaches more than 1000 entrepreneurs all over the world to buy small businesses rather than starting new ones.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Carl Allen got started in his career as a business professional, and entrepreneur and mentor specializing in small business acquisition
- Why Carl believes you should be buying businesses in industries and specialties you understand and are passionate about
- Why Carl focuses on buying functioning businesses from distressed sellers who are looking to get out
- What process Carl uses to connect buyers to businesses and originate deals, and how he finds “off-market” deals that are sector agnostic.
- Why buying an established business is more reliable and involves less risk than starting your own business, and how you can be the distressed business owners’ life line
- Which steps Carl recommends business owners take in the first three months, whether they are buying an existing business or starting their own venture
- How Carl and his business work with his coaching students to partner on bigger, more complex deals
- Where and how to park the funds you earn from real estate.
- Which business books Carl recommends as essential reading for entrepreneurs and business professionals
- Why Carl believes it’s important to listen to your heart and do what you are passionate about
Carl Allen’s Recommended Reading List:
- The One Thing by Gary Keller: http://a.co/d/gU2qsdb
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E Gerber: http://a.co/d/bM6rYaN
- Be The Man by Garrett J White: http://a.co/d/4K3TF80
- Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burrough and John Heylar: http://a.co/d/aJTS7kQ
- Traction by Gino Wickman: http://a.co/d/i3nZUCt
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson: http://a.co/d/9RoTLBS
- DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson: http://a.co/d/gnYK90x
- Pre-Suasion by Robert Cialdini: http://a.co/d/dmbjkVk
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill: http://a.co/d/2yspspA
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson: http://a.co/d/hpq2Srm
- Red Card by Ken Bensinger: http://a.co/d/fJjogMv