Craig Cecilio is a principal in DiversyFund, Inc. and the founder and CEO of California Coastal Funding Group, Inc. Craig has worked in the real estate industry for nearly 20 years. Over the course of his career, Craig has participated in the development of over 1,000 single family residences in California as either a joint venture equity partner, lender or sponsor.
Craig also owns a California-licensed real estate lending business for residential renovations and ground-up construction (residential and multi-family) in California coastal markets such as San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles and San Francisco, a loan servicing business and a real estate crowdfunding website known as Diversyfund.com.
Since 1997, Craig has financed nearly $1 billion of real estate assets, having raised over $100 million in debt or equity for real estate transactions in the last three years, and has developed and managed over $25 million of residential property (renovations and ground-up). Craig also manages a real estate bridge loan fund that pre-funds many of the transactions later sold the DiversyFund investor platform.
Craig is a graduate of the University of Colorado at Boulder.
What you will learn:
- Using crowdfunding to take syndicated real estate and pump it up to new levels
- The syndication background and other differences between DiversyFund and other crowdfunding platforms
- Why the barrier to entry for crowdfunding is super low right now
- Having realistic expectations for crowdfunding because while it is a way to build wealth, it is not a get rich quick scheme
- Why you need to have a mindset where you stick with it and learn from experiences that don’t go as planned
- Avoiding getting caught in the trap where you overanalyze and never take action
- Getting your most difficult daily priority out of the way first
- Craig’s recommended resources for continuous learning
- Craig’s goal for using DiversyFund to create a huge community impact
- Taking action and not letting the idea of needing a mentor hold you back