The Smart Real Estate Coach family team empowers individuals and families to create the life of their dreams. We encourage aspiring investors and entrepreneurs to take the first step towards creating REAL income with real estate.
After many years of coaching and constantly doing deals himself independently, Chris Prefontaine founded Smart Real Estate Coach in 2014, bringing in his son Nick, daughter Kayla, and son-in-law Zachary as the company began to grow. The family team coaches investors on how to properly scale and automate their businesses throughout North America — all without using their own cash, credit, or taking out bank loans to buy property. Our team buys and sells homes in our own market every month. We then mentor, coach, and consult students and Associates all around North America to do the exact same thing. We stay current because we’re in the trenches ourselves.
In this Family Cast episode of the podcast, we’re joined by Smart Real Estate Coach business manager Colleen Murphy for a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to work with the family team.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What life was like for Colleen growing up on Newport Island, RI, and how she first got into accounting work
- How Colleen first came to work at the Smart Real Estate Coach, and how working with the family team differs from her expectations
- How Colleen joining the Smart Real Estate Coach team helped fill a lot of gaps and helped correct problems
- Why having even a single part-time assistant can make a big impact on your business, starting from your very first deal
- What challenges Colleen has recognized and overcame as both the business and team have grown over time
- How Colleen, Chris, and the entire family team have grown together over time and have come to support each other in their roles
- What big wins Colleen has experienced in her role, and why streamlining the business is a big accomplishment
- How Colleen’s hectic pace and big responsibilities with the Smart Real Estate Coach keep her busy, and how working remotely has impacted her day
- How working with the Smart Real Estate Coach team differs from Collen’s previous jobs at other companies
- Why the relationships Colleen has formed with her coworkers is the one of the biggest reason she loves her job
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: