Jim Palmer is a marketing and business building expert and an in demand small business coach. He is the founder of the Dream Business Academy Dream Business Coaching and Mastermind Program. Jim is the host of Dream Business Coach TV and the Dream Business Radio Podcast. Jim is a serial entrepreneur and creator of No Hassle Newsletters, No Hassle Social Media, Concierge Print and Mail on Demand Success Advantage Publishing, Custom Article Generator – just to name a few!
Jim is also the acclaimed author of Just Say Yes – Create Your Dream Business and Live Your Dream Lifestyle; Decide – The Ultimate Success Trigger, Stop Waiting For It To Get Easier, The Fastest Way to Higher Profits, Stick Like Glue, It’s Okay To Be Scared, But Never Give Up and The Magic of Newsletter Marketing.
Currently Jim and his wife, Stephanie, along with their rescue dog, Blue are living their dream aboard their floating home. Jim conducts business from the boat and enjoys traveling the east coast of the United States, They spend time in New England near one daughter and two grandchildren, on the Chesapeake Bay where they can be near much of their friends and family in southeastern Pennsylvania and in the winter they take their boat to Florida, to escape the cold! Jim is truly working and living the dream!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Jim started his first business in 2001, after being diagnosed with cancer and after an 18-month period of unemployment
- How Jim became experienced in newsletters, and how he turned to newsletter consultancy for local businesses
- How Jim runs his business from his boat, and why he and his wife chose to leave land and live on a boat
- How Jim and his wife Stephanie learned to navigate their boat and adjust to life on the water
- How Jim transitioned from working a full work week to only working three days a week, and how he handled the challenges posed by the change
- How Jim’s current practice from his boat works, and how he helps his clients with branding and marketing
- What three daily activities Jim practices that help him retain focus and achieve success in his business
- Why Jim believes in living a life of gratitude, and how his cancer diagnosis changed his outlook on life
- Why Jim draws inspiration from the book Me Inc. by Gene Simmons of KISS, and why he recommends the book to entrepreneurs
- Why Jim and his wife run a lifestyle blog about their boating adventures, after getting mixed reactions from friends and family when they announced their plans
How to contact Jim Palmer and additional resources: