Karen Briscoe is the creator of the transformative “5 Minute Success” concept. Her books Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes a Day: Secrets of a Top Agent Revealed and Commit to Get Leads: 66 Day Challenge® offer a combination of information and inspiration delivered through memorable stories. The daily format with takeaways propels one to achieve success at a higher level in business and life. Her first book was featured in INMAN as “must read for your best year in real estate” in 2017. Amazon ranks the book in the top 1% in its category. It has been endorsed by industry leaders Hal Elrod, Pat Hiban, and Michael J. Maher. She is a contributing author to INMAN and Real Trends real estate media outlets.
Karen is the host of the “5 Minute Success” podcast which has ranked #1 on Overcast most recommended in the business category. The show has an amazing array of guests who achieve success at a high level. Karen also is a frequent guest on other podcasts that focus on entrepreneurial, success and motivation, as well as real estate related topics. She speaks on a national and local level on the “Best of 5 Minute Success.” Further, she has completed the John Maxwell Team Certification Program for Coaching, Speaking, and Training.
Karen is the principal owner of the Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group (HBC) with Keller Williams. The HBC Group has been recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the 250 Top Realtor® teams in the United States. Since 1977, HBC Group has sold over 1,500 homes valued at over $1.5 billion. The team consistently sells over 100 residential properties annually ranging from multi-million dollar luxury estates to condominiums and townhomes. Primary markets areas include Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland, and Washington, DC. As a real estate professional, Karen is a member of the Institute of Luxury Home Marketing, FIABCI International Real Estate Federation, and Women’s Council of Realtors®.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Karen initially got started in real estate, and how she worked hard and gained rapid success and then weathered the 2008 crash by drawing on her experience in the 1980s
- How Karen’s focus is on rainmaking for her business, and how thought leadership, coaching and writing a book was a side hustle that has become a way to enhance the business
- How the global pandemic has forced many people to focus on their physical and security needs, and why “flipping the pyramid” to focus on self-actualization can be powerful
- Why “going where the market is going” is Karen’s top tip for weathering storms and surviving (and then thriving) in difficult times
- How carefully watching the ration between supply and demand is the strongest indicator of where the market is going
- Why one of the key mistakes Karen sees people make is focusing too heavily one one thing, such as their business, and forgetting their other priorities like family and health
- How Karen fell into the trap of becoming “almost addicted” to receiving accolades for her immense success, and how breaking out of that mindset made her even more productive
- How bringing alignment between her work and other areas of her life helped make Karen happier and had a ripple effect in her relationships with others
- Why real estate investors should be investing in themselves first, and what books Karen recommends you read
- How Karen’s “5 Minute Success” concept came about as a response to people who said they didn’t have time to make meaningful change
- Karen Briscoe’s Amazon Author Page: https://amzn.to/2T3mCli
- Website: www.5MinuteSuccess.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/karenbriscoe/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/5MinuteSuccess/
- Twitter: @5MinuteSuccess
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: