Laura Alamery was born and raised in beautiful Vicenza, Italy – only 40 miles from lovely Venice on the Adriatic Sea.
In 1985 she relocated to United States, moving to Honolulu in 1987 where she became a college student at Hawaii Pacific University. She began developing a keen interest in real estate, so she started reading everything she could find – watching late night infomercials and buying courses by Dave Del Dotto, Robert Allen and Carlton Sheets.
That same year she became a real estate agent and became a multi-million dollar producer in just her first year!
In 1991, She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and moved to Missouri. Once on ‘the mainland,’ her real estate career really took off. She started to purchase properties with no money down, using creative financing.
She continued her education by earning an MBA in Finance, still working part-time in real estate. She then began a new career as an assistant controller in metal commodities, planning to climb the corporate ladder and keep real estate as a side business.
By the mid-1990s, she had already acquired a sizable portfolio (over 20 properties) consisting mostly of multi-families for rental income – and she was barely 30 years old! She was making more money in part-time real estate (less than 10 hours a week) than her full-time corporate job, so in 1996 she decided to flip the switch and devote herself entirely to real estate. Once Laura was able to immerse herself full-time into real estate investing, her career skyrocketed.
In 1997, she began sharing her knowledge of real estate investing, proven strategies and creative financing techniques by hosting real estate seminars. And, given the widespread use of the Internet, she decided to share her practical knowledge and experience as well via online mentoring and coaching. In 2010, She opened The REI Lab, Inc. – the culmination of various companies she had started and closed in the past.
What you will learn:
- How Laura got hooked on the real estate business
- The importance of having a mentor to expedite the learning curve in real estate
- How much cash flow you should have before switching to real estate full-time
- Why you need to focus on two or three investing strategies only
- Being comfortable when communicating with a seller or client
- Trusting your instincts
- Making sure people work for you, not with you
- Understanding your “why” — the real reason you’re interested in real estate
- How to know if you’re ready to enter the world of real estate
- The morning routine that helps Laura to get her mindset right
- Laura’s reading list: the books that could help you kickstart your real estate career
- What Laura would change about her career
- Why starting from scratch in another country isn’t necessarily a disadvantage
Ways to contact Laura:
- Website: lauraalamery.com
- Office number: 314-301-9594
- Smart Real Estate Coach Videos on YouTube