Mark Walters’ Grandfather, Lloyd Walters, invested in his first “fixer-upper” property back in 1937 during the Great Depression in San Jose, California. Since that time, his family has always been passionate about real estate.
His father, Lloyd Walters, was written up in a national publication in 1985 for some revolutionary marketing ideas he shared dealing with discounted mortgages.
The demand was so great to learn more of their techniques that they wrote the first book in the country on marketing for discounted mortgages titled, “How To Find All The Discounted Mortgages You Could Ever Hope To Buy.”
After that book’s release, they were inundated with people asking what else they were doing. They then wrote another real estate investing book, which had people requesting more ideas and the big snowball has never stopped rolling.
By the age of 25, he had his own real estate brokerage. After a few years, and being more interested in the investor side of the business, he closed up shop and have not been an active broker since.
After the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, in 1992 they packed up all their California belongings – moved to Arizona – and began buying properties with the intention of riding the market up.
Guess what? The old crystal ball must have been working because over the following years Phoenix became one of the top real estate investing areas in the country.
He still enjoys investing – and sharing investing ideas with good people.
What you will learn:
- Why it’s important to constantly seek new information
- Mark’s formula for success in real estate
- Why saying “my market is different” isn’t a valid excuse for failure
- How to stop indulging in your own self-limiting beliefs
- The biggest obstacles of getting into a buy and hold investment strategy
- How to take action towards real estate success TODAY
- Why you need to talk less and listen more
- Some of Mark’s current favorite books and magazines
- Why marketing is so important in business — especially in real estate