Against all odds on a gridiron in South Bend, Indiana, Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger in twenty seven seconds, carved his name into history books as perhaps the most famous graduate of the University of Notre Dame.
In 1993, TRISTAR Productions immortalized his life story with the blockbuster film, RUDY. Written and produced by Angelo Pizzo and David Anspaugh, the award-winning team who brought us HOOSIERS, the critically acclaimed RUDY received “Two Thumbs Up” from Siskel and Ebert and continues to inspire millions worldwide.
Today, a highly sought after motivational speaker, Rudy entertains international corporate audiences with a unique, passionate, and heartfelt style of communicating.
Most currently Rudy performed his one-man show, DREAM BIG on Broadway!! This show will also tour other cities including Chicago, Boston, and Las Vegas. In addition Rudy’s new documentary titled, DREAM BIG – The Walk On won several Emmy Awards for Best Director and Best Documentary. The link is available on Amazon.
In Celebration of the 25th ANNIVERSARY of the Movie RUDY, the film was presented on the big screen at the Microsoft Theatre in LA while the musical score was performed live by the Hollywood Orchestra.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The ins and outs of how Rudy went from Notre Dame to getting his movie developed.
- How Rudy learned to deal with rejection as an insurance salesman.
- Why inspiration is one critical to success, and how to begin developing this inspiration.
- How he needed to approach multiple people regarding his movie idea and face multiple rejections.
- What he did after Notre Dame declined his movie, and why Notre Dame was important to him.
- What Rudy’s “insurance technique” is, and how it helped him successfully sell his ideas.
- Why Rudy had to use his faith to keep motivated during his journey.
- The long sequence of stops and starts that it took to eventually create his movie.
- Why eliminating fear is so critical to the business and creative process.
- Why it’s important to dream big, follow your inspiration, and refuse to compromise.