Chris is the best-selling author of Real Estate on Your Terms: Create Continuous Cash Flow Now, Without Using Your Cash or Credit. He’s also the founder of SmartRealEstateCoach.com and the Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast.
Chris has been in real estate for over 25 years. His experience includes the construction of over 100 single-family and duplex homes (mostly in the 1990’s and selectively to date), has owned a Realty Executives Franchise (Massachusetts 1994-2000) as broker/owner which maintained high per-agent standards and eventually sold to Coldwell Banker in 2000. The 2000’s included coaching ½ million and higher REALTORs® in order to scale & automate their business throughout the US and Canada. He also participated (and still does selectively) in doing condo conversions (multi-family homes to condos) and “raise the roof” projects (converting single-family ranches to colonials in growth neighborhoods).
Chris has been a big advocate of constant education and participates regularly in high-end mastermind groups, as well as consults with private mentors. He runs his own buying and selling businesses with his family team, which buys 2-5 properties monthly, so they’re in the trenches every single week. They also help clients do the same thing around the country.
Chris and his family team have done over 80 million in real estate transactions. They mentor, coach, consult, and actually partner with students around the country (by application only) to do exactly what they do.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How it took Zach four years to go from no background in real estate at all to the position he is currently in, and why hard work and deliberate practice were vital
- Why there is no such thing as overnight change, and why you can change anything about your life as long as you’re willing to put in the time and work
- Why time is the biggest commodity you have to spend, and why it is important to learn to say no to some activities so you can dedicate more time to achieving your goals
- Why pressure is a powerful motivator to help you change, and why both Chris and Zach were under pressure to achieve their goals
- Why personal development efforts like reading books and attending seminars can help you shortcut the amount of time you need to spend
- Why Zach and Chris attend at least 3-5 events per year to develop their business and further their mastery of real estate
- Why planning for the future is always a good idea, but why you should always expect curveballs and be ready to adapt
- Why it is important to trust the Smart Real Estate Coach system, and why the system’s proven results show that it does work as promised
- Why you should focus on the next step, and why it is alright to feel uncomfortable as long as you keep going anyway
- Why the steps you took to get you to the $1 million mark won’t work as you cross that threshold, and why you need to adapt your strategies to continue growing