Terry White, President & CEO of Sunwest Trust, has been working in the real estate & investment world for 35+ years, and he’s got the expertise to prove it. After graduating with a degree in Accounting and working as a controller for a local title company, Terry launched a small escrow company, which quickly gained a reputation for being honest, hardworking and fair. In 2003, Terry took his success a step further and formed Sunwest Trust, Inc.
Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Sunwest Trust, Inc. was founded on the principle of offering clients real-world solutions to all of their self-directed IRA and escrow management needs. Today, Sunwest Trust, together with Sunwest Escrow, serves its clients as both escrow agent and IRA custodian for Individual Retirement Accounts.
Terry has led Sunwest Trust with one goal: to provide outstanding service to each and every client by listening to them and learning exactly what they want. His passion lies in educating investors to build their own self-directed IRAs, customized to fit their needs and financial goals.
When he’s not in the office, Terry enjoys fly fishing, biking, traveling with his wife, and spending time in Colorado.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Terry’s first job out of college was working at a title company, and how that led to his career in the escrow business
- Why Terry’s favorite niche he has worked in within real estate investing is buying and brokering cashflow contracts
- How Terry made the transition to a buy-and-hold portfolio, and what properties are currently within his portfolio
- Why many investors don’t realize you can invest your custodian-directed IRA into anything except life insurance and collectibles, including real estate
- What caveats and pitfalls to watch out for when using your IRA to invest in real estate, and how to safely navigate those issues
- Why so few people realize they can use their IRAs for almost any type of investment, and why this is a real missed opportunity for investors
- Terry shares a big real estate investing mistake he made in the past, and he shares the important lesson he learned from the costly error
- What major life and business wins Terry has experienced, including selling his trust business in February of 2020 right before the global pandemic outbreak
- What strategies Terry would recommend for new investors just entering the real estate market to hit the ground running
- Why Terry sees too many new investors try to save money during their first few deals by not hiring experts, and why this is a critical mistake
- Email Terry for inquiries: email@example.com
- Website: www.sunwesttrust.com/smartrealestatecoach
- Website: www.sunwesttrust.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/terry-white-ceo-sunwest-trust-inc-8982a86/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/sunwest-trust/about/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SunwestTrust
- Twitter: @sunwesttrustira
- LIVE Event September 16-18, 2020: www.qlslive.com
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/webinar
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/termsbook
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoachPodcast.com/ebook
- Website: www.SmartRealEstateCoach.com/QLS/
Smart Real Estate Coach Podcast Sponsor: